Stories + Pictures from Friday!

Hello! I had one of my best days at the shop yesterday! First and foremost because a director who recently shot an A&E documentary about the flower auction in Holland came in to tell me about her adventures! She told me she thought of me when she was there! This is a dream for me, to see everything in action. It is a huge industry and I am a little sad I haven't seen more of the grower and wholesale side of the flower market.

She talked about the tulip fields in Holland (she was surprised they looked more like backyard gardens), mutations which produced the new peachy colour of avalanche roses, the frenzy and production of the Holland flower auction, flower trends in Germany and Russia, and more. My head was spinning with excitement!  She promised pictures and I want to ask her more questions, which I hope to share on my blog sometime in the future.

Another bonus, we had amazing customers in the shop yesterday for our Friday special, who were loving the unusually large green callas, garden roses, and the hand-ties we had ready-made.

Look at this beauty we planted yesterday! Echiverea succulents and creeping charlie nestled into driftwood ...


And some flower bunches from this past BFF {Botany Flower Friday} ... 

Comments

Popular Posts