Introducing you to our farm ...

This past summer, we had the fortunate opportunity of acquiring land and greenhouses for use in Caledon. I thought I'd bring everyone up to date on our newest venture and our plans for next season. This summer was busy for us, even so, we wanted to commit to this project. Any free time we had between weddings and our day to day operations in the city, we spent clearing and getting to know the farm.


We have plenty of land and two greenhouses at our disposal, so David will be growing organic vegetables and fruit for friends and clients in Toronto. And it only makes sense that we would grow flowers that we know and love so much, like peonies, dahlias, zinnias, hydrangeas, calendula, Japanese anenomes, scabiosa, ammi, lavender, cosmos, poppies, sweet peas, corn flower, clematis, heirloom varieties of English garden roses, herbs, and plenty of foliage.

The seeds for spring planting have begun to arrive and our winter bulbs are already in the ground! I am especially keen on growing poppies, since I find them spotty to source as a cut flower in Canada; I chose at least five varieties for trial.


Lush Cosmetics is partnering with us to establish the farm and we'll be providing them with flowers for their bath and beauty products. We are grateful and quite humbled by their support of us and their mission of sourcing locally.

I look forward to supplying our own flowers for weddings and clients next season and continuing our mission to provide the best of local flowers. It excites me to think we'll have our hands in creating what we love so dearly.

"In search of my mother's garden, I found my own." - Alice Walker

Comments

Popular Posts