Feature on henry hudson blog: "a day in the life of botany floral studio with rachelle"



Recently, I read a blog post critiquing social media, like Instagram, Twitter and blogs, for highlighting only the best moments of life and showcasing only the most beautiful pictures. Rather than showing what life really is like for people working in creative fields, our lives are portrayed as living in glorious moment after glorious moment. Being mindful of this, I want to show what a day looks like for me and our floral studio. Alot of what we do is fun, creative, and beautiful, but much of it is planning, prepping, and cleaning. Often creative industries, like floristry, won’t show the grunt work behind the scenes, as if to tarnish what we do and to take away from the beauty of it. Rather, I would like to highlight this, to give meaning to this industry, and to demystify the idea that all we do is play with flowers.

Here goes my day… read about it here.

Comments

Popular Posts