Inspiration: Amazing Florals & their Designers ...


Some of my favourite floral designers and their creations are shown in this post. Mostly, I admire these ladies for allowing flowers to remain true to their nature, for not over designing, and for parallelling  the design philosophies of wabi-sabi ...

This is how I became inspired by flowers, gardening, and nature from a young age: Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart ...

Poppies & Posies
 is a New York-based boutique floral focused on combining florals, twigs, berries, fruits and vegetables into organic, loose, garden style arrangements ... Some of their creations are shown below ...

{florals by poppies & posies}

"Would I say that flowers run thru my veins? Perhaps, poetically speaking. What I know for certain is that my love of flowers comes from family, from wonderful memories of planting gardens with my parents, from building my own family, watching them grow, and then finally helping my clients with their vision of their wedding day - a day that is the foundation of a new family.
My philosophy is simple...never force a flower, let it breathe and sway. Let it show itself off in a flourish of petals. It is safe to say these blooms know what they are doing by now, evolving from miniscule little specks to their present day glory."
-Kate Holt of flower wild
{bouquet by flower wild}

McKenzie Powell focuses on floral and event design. Her company is based in Seattle. With these designers, there is a common thread of childhood memories in the garden and their love of flowers: "Spending my childhood days barefoot in my parents' gardens, it is no surprise that my work is what it is. Pods, buds, and blossoms are found throughout my designs. Fruits, berries, and herbs find their place as well." -McKenzie Powell

{flowers by McKenzie Powell}

Meet Erin Benzakein of Floret, an eco-lovely organic flower farm in Seattle ... and her lovely creations ...

{photographs courtesy of Floret}

Based in San Francisco, Studio Choo is unique in their approach to floral design. They have collaborated with other artisans to form their storefront Prairie Collective ... They also write a weekly column for design*sponge "we like it wild" ...

{photographs courtesy of studio choo}

Saipua is a Brooklyn-based small family-owned floral and soap company. They have been making olive oil-based soaps since 1999 and designing flowers since 2004 ... Here are some photos of their storefront and florals ...

{photographs courtesy of saipua}

If  this isn't enough, here is some more inspiration ...

Crafter, Blogger and Floral Designer Amy Merrick's blog AN APPLE A DAY and Brown Paper Design

Comments

Popular Posts